Cashier ( UAE National)
Position Title: Cashier
Reports to: Accounts Receivables and Credit Control Manager
Responsible for recording of financial transactions involving incoming payments through various channels and from different locations.
- Monitor the access to the amount collected through various channels – cash in specific – and from different locations to ensure that they are physically secured at all times and accessed by authorized personnel only and that the funds are not mixed together.
- Post and issue receipts in appropriate G/L account in the system against money through various channels and from different locations in an efficient and timely manner to ensure accurate data entry for further reporting.
- Verify validity and numbers on invoices/bill statements presented by client on counter for payment to ensure accurate amount of money is collected from client and notify client as well as immediate supervisor if any discrepancy found in a timely manner.
- Carefully check the accuracy/validity of cheques presented at counter by clients and notify client for any discrepancy found in an efficient and professional manner to ensure zero cheque dishonours due to incorrect or inappropriate cheque writings.
- Regularly check the POS systems and their proper functionality in order to enable payments by credit cards in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with banks for the cash and cheques handling and deposit those in relevant banks to ensure bank deposits are made each day in a timely manner and proper documentation is maintained according to AR & CC policies and procedures.
- Reconcile physical cash and cheque balances in hand with system balances and prepare daily collection report at the end of each business day in order to submit the same to supervisor for approval and documentations daily.
- Organize, maintain and update cash registers and related records in a professional manner to ensure that accurate and up-to-date data is available for further reporting at all times.
- Prepare daily transactions/collection report to be submitted to the supervisor for approval.
- Report discrepancies if found within the accounts to the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Diploma in Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent qualifications Professional Qualifications
- NA Years of Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Cashier.
- This role is open to UAE Nationals ONLY
- Fluent in written and spoken English & Arabic
- SAP experience is an added advantage.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team oriented environment.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities
To apply, share your CV to email@example.com
If you do not hear from us within 7 days, then, unfortunately, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
***ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED**